Thursday, February 8, 2018

Fahrvergnügen

As hard as I try, I often fall victim to the rush, Rush, RUSH energy that seems so prevalent everywhere, but especially here, in my hometown. On the many occasions when I find that I have tried to squeeze a little too much into the minutes before my departure time and as a result I am running late, you can find me cussing, switching lanes, and running yellow lights along with my fellow DMVers. Oh sure, once in a while I take a deep breath and remind myself that time is a human construction, and although those times are still much rarer than I'd like, I really do think I am improving in managing both my time and my stress.

I have a friend whose son just got his learner's permit. "He wants to drive everywhere!" she told me. "And I'm happy to let him."

"I hear you!" I answered. "The traffic around here almost makes me wish for self-driving cars."

That was last week, but this week?

Enter our brand new 2018 Subaru Outback Touring-- Man! I am looking for excuses to drive that car! Red light? Yay! How long do I have to play with the radio? Yellow light? I better slow down... after all, that would be the most prudent course of action. AND as always, I can not wait for my next

Road trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment