Wednesday, January 3, 2018

On the Sly

A couple of rowdy boys were nudging each other and pointing to an iPad during class. "What are you guys up to?" I asked.

"We're just looking at something about the book I'm reading," answered the most mischievous one in an innocent voice.

"Really?" I said. "Let me see."

He flipped his iPad around to show a beautiful photograph of a fox. "It's my screensaver," he informed me. "I was asking him if he liked this one, or this one," he paused and hit the home button to show his wallpaper, which was another super-cute picture of a fox. Both seemed a little out of character for this tough guy.

"Did you put those on there because of Pax?" I asked him, naming the book that happens to have a fox as the title character which we are reading together in my boys' group

"No!" he shrugged, "I just like foxes." Then his voice softened. "They're so cute."

"Since when?" I demanded.

"Okay, since Pax," he admitted.

"That's awesome!" I said. "And I agree. They are adorable!"


No comments:

Post a Comment