Saturday, May 27, 2017

1 is for One More

Technically, I'm finished with the writing challenge, but for students who are trying to complete 100 days of writing, I have added the numbers 1-9 as well. I thought I would be relieved to finish, but like that April 1st eight years ago, I find myself at kind of at a loss. Turns out I like writing something for my students to read every day. Go figure!

So, 1 is also for 1st time at the garden. Today was the day we cleaned out all the spring and winter weeds and planted vegetables in our community garden plot. To be honest, even though I love having a garden, I was seriously considering making this the last year, because the season for putting the garden in falls at a very busy time for a teacher. Fortunately, my nephews Josh and Treat helped today, and we were done in under four hours. Now all that's left is to water and weed, and sit back and wait for the homegrown veggies to start rolling in.

Oh, and Lucy was there, too. She has never been to the garden, and so we brought a bone for her to chew. It kept her busy for a while until she literally tried to bury it!

Life Lesson: Do what you love. Know your own bone; gnaw it, bury it, unearth it, and gnaw it still. ~Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment