Sunday, August 21, 2016

No Deal

Earlier in the week we found out that one of Isabel's buddies, Wellie, a 14-year-old golden also crossed the "rainbow bridge." How hard it has been adjusting to the loss of our dog! I just never considered what an integral part she was to our day-- so many things like taking out the trash, checking the mail, counting my steps, and locking the door at night are sad reminders that we do not have a dog.

Today we ran into Wellie's owner, Joanne, at the farmer's market. Exchanging hugs, we commiserated, wiping tears from our eyes. "We've been trying to think of things to do that were hard to manage with a dog," I confessed, "but yesterday I told Heidi that I couldn't think of a single time when I wished we didn't have a dog," I finished.

She nodded. "I know what you mean-- I've been looking at trips to panda reserves in China and visiting friends in London. They'll be fun," she said, "but I wouldn't trade them for my pet."

No comments:

Post a Comment