Sunday, August 7, 2016

I Wanna Rock!

I like techie gadgets, and to be honest, having one of the first iPad this, iPhone that, or other Apple thingie gives me a certain level of "cool" with my sixth graders. It also gives us something to talk about.

Just this spring one of the kids got a pretty nice fitbit watch from his mom. "Why did you choose the Apple watch?" he asked me, and away we went on a ten minute conversation that ended with Apple pencils.

We all have iPads courtesy of our school district, but none of them are compatible with that nifty technology. "I'm verrrrry tempted," I told him, "to ask for an iPad pro for my birthday. I want to see what it's like to combine manual writing and electronic convenience."

He nodded.

I shrugged. "It's either that or an electric ukulele," I said.

His eyebrows shot up. "Oh man!" he threw up his hands. "You gotta go for the..."

"Ukulele!" we finished together.

"I know!" I said, "I know!"

No comments:

Post a Comment