Monday, August 1, 2016

Easy Does It

My niece and nephew are starting school on Wednesday. Eek! And today was the open house at their school where they could meet their teachers, see their classrooms, and find out who else is in their classes. Some of their friends are starting middle school, and we certainly recognize the jitters of both kids and parents alike.

It is a big step for sure. "He wouldn't even make eye contact with any of the teachers," one of my sister's friends sighed this afternoon.

"Don't worry," I assured her, "no one's going to hold that against him. We know how stressful this transition can be."

And with that simple comment, my brain slipped right back into sixth grade teacher mode, and I'm that much closer to being ready to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment