Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Marketing Plan

An engine light came on in my car a couple of weeks ago. At first, I was optimistically convinced it was the gas cap, but that turned out not to be the case. So I made an appointment online to take it into the dealer, also optimistic that the extended warranty we bought would cover whatever the problem might be.

Of course, they were booked several days in advance, so I signed up for the earliest one I could, and relegated our main car to as limited use as possible. Bombing around town in our 15-year-old Jeep Wrangler lost its appeal rather quickly, though, even with the top down, and I was looking forward to dropping the Outback off.

Not so fast, Lady. I received a call from an unfamiliar number in the middle of class a couple of days before the appointment. I didn't answer, but the message they left was clear: because of a problem with their online system, they were waaaaaay overbooked. My car was going to have to wait. I sighed and returned the call as soon as I could.

The dealership was apologetic. They gave me the first available appointment, and they were happy to offer a courtesy car starting the evening before should I choose to drop off early. And so it was that I zipped away in a new blue Impreza this evening. It is a fun little vehicle, to be sure, and zipping around in it makes me feel a little disloyal to my until now faithful six-year-old Outback.

I think they kind of know that over there at the dealer, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment