Monday, May 2, 2016

Z is for Zucchini, Spiralized!

It is May, and that means it is time for the annual Alphabiography Challenge in my 6th grade English class. (If you're not sure what that means, then click on the label at the end of this post for some illumination!)

When I decided to participate along with the kids this year, I was going to go in alphabetical order, but that was before I got my nifty new gadget in the mail today. Now it seems like a no-brainer to do the challenge in reverse!

Spiralized vegetables are definitely enjoying a moment; they are a lighter alternative to pasta, and frankly pretty delicious. So, after paying upwards of ten bucks for a tray of some fancy-julienned squash, I calculated that I could get my money back in six weeks were I to purchase my own device. That decision made? I ordered it with free one-day shipping and bought some zucchini in anticipation.

Arriving home from school, I dropped my book and lunch bags and grabbed a pair of scissors to slice open the brown box awaiting me. I wasn't in the house ten minutes before a bountiful bowl of long green curls sat upon my counter. Not long after, a lovely sauce of fresh tomatoes, olives, and basil accompanied them, and shortly, dinner will be served.

Life Lesson: "Sometimes a tool may have other uses that you don't know. Sometimes in doing what you intend, you also do what the knife intends, without knowing.” ~Philip Pullman


No comments:

Post a Comment