Sunday, March 6, 2016

Makes You Stronger

"I must have picked up something from my niece," our neighbor coughed a little while ago as we visited. She sat in the rocking chair across the room from us. "Better not come any closer," she warned with a half-hearted laugh.

She needn't have worried. As school teachers, we both have super-resistant to most common bugs in this household (takes a moment to knock on the wooden desk). I don't want to jinx it, but by my calculations I have been exposed to somewhere near 5000 grubby little germ factories in my career...

...and I thank them all for contributing to my immunity!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I can imagine...when we really get sick it's certain that it's a mutated version of something we've never experienced. I can't stand being sick at all. I think hand washing plays a role in good health too!

    ReplyDelete