Friday, February 26, 2016

Positive Thinking

I introduced the 7th annual 100 Day Writing Challenge to my students today. Over the years I've learned that some kids need a bit of a cushion to make their hundred days, and so this time, in addition to breaking the challenge up into three mini-challenges, we are starting a few days early with some warm-up posts and finishing a couple days after the actual 100 mark. I'm hoping that will boost the number of "Centurions" who successfully complete the challenge.

"What if we all finish?" one student asked today.

"That would be great!" I told him.

"But what about the t-shirts?" he continued.

"I guess you would all get one," I answered.

"But then you would go broke!"

"Maybe," I shrugged, "but it would be totally worth it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment