Friday, October 23, 2015

Is this Going to Be on the Test?

After the second annual Day of Peace and early release for students,  we had staff development this afternoon at school. The meeting was scheduled to start at 1 pm, and at 12:55 most of the tables in the library were full. My friend Mary and I chose the neck cramp table right in front of the screen. A minute later, a younger teacher joined us just as the meeting started.

"You all had homework to prepare for this session," the presenter said jovially. "There is an activity at your table for you to reflect on the video as a group."

"We did?" Mary whispered. "I didn't do it."

"I didn't either," I shrugged.

"You guys!" the other teacher said.

"Uh oh, she's going to switch tables," Mary said.

"Did you do it?" I asked our colleague.

"Yes, and I even took notes," she answered. We all laughed uproariously.

"OK," Mary told her, "fill us in."

"It was about the seven habits kids need for success," she started.

"Wait," I said. "Let us guess what they are."

Organization, Cooperation, we chanted. Critical thinking...

And while we didn't get the exact terminology, we were close, successfully completing the activity despite 2/3s of our group being unprepared.

Booyah!

No comments:

Post a Comment