Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Someone to Lava

One of Annabelle's favorite things to do when she was visiting this time was to pull out the ukulele (or banjo) and strum. I tried to show her a few notes and chords, and while she got the gist, she still preferred to make her own kind of music. "I need an instrument," she declared more than once. I knew what she meant.

Imagine our delight, then, Annabelle's and mine, when we went to see Inside Out on Monday and found the Pixar short before the movie to be an animated version of a ukulele song. It didn't sound that complicated to my novice ears, either, and so when we got home I looked up the chords and pulled out the uke. In no time the four of us were singing as I strummed:

(F) I have a dream, I (C) hope will come true
That (G7) you're here with me, and (C) I'm here with you
(F) I wish that the earth, sea, (C) the sky up above
Will (F) send me (G7) someone to (C) la-va.

No comments:

Post a Comment