Sunday, July 19, 2015

Mad Skills

I went over to play a little more Settlers of Catan with Riley and Treat this afternoon. We had loosely arranged our game on Friday, barring any unexpected conflict, and with temperatures expected to hit the high 90s today, an inside activity seemed prudent.

We texted back and forth this morning to figure out where to play-- I have the game, they had the numbers, so it was a bit of a toss-up. In the end, I also had the car, so I drove up there to play.

When I arrived Emily was making herself lunch and Bill was nowhere to be found. "Neither of my parents want to play," Treat reported.

"Whaaaaat?" I said. "C'mon, Emily, all the cool people are doing it..."

She continued to grate cheese on her pasta, unfazed.

"You know you've always wanted to try it! Here's your chance!" I tried. "It's really fun! You'll like it!"

She shrugged. "Okay. Why not?"

I turned triumphantly to my nephews. "See what a little peer pressure can accomplish, boys? I haven't spent 22 years in middle school for nuthin!"

No comments:

Post a Comment