Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The Company You Keep

I've been teaching sixth grade so long that I am often accused of acting like one of my students. And that's why you teach middle school, friends and family will say in response to, for instance, my pointing out that they said, "do do" (as in, what we do do in that situation is...)

I don't mind though; heck! I consider it a compliment. If you're only as good as the company you keep, well, my company is energetic, creative, open-minded, spontaneous and funny. I could do so much worse.

Bonus: With a little extra time at the end of class today, a student leaned on my desk. "So," he started, "why can't you hear pterodactyls when they use the bathroom?"

I was stumped for a moment, but then I began to laugh. "Does it have anything to do with silent P?"

"Yep," he answered as the bell rang.

4 comments:

  1. :) I think we each end up exactly where we belong in the classroom! It's nice to share a laugh with the students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! You do keep some great company.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you know, I knew you were going to write something about "do do" before I read the very words? I remember sixth grade, but I also remember teaching sixth grade with you. :)

    ReplyDelete