Sunday, January 11, 2015

The Best of Times, The Worst of Times

After a fun and productive weekend the conversation around here has turned to the weather: specifically whether or not it will be icy enough in the morning to give us a delayed opening for school. Oh, it's a squeaker... after days of below-freezing temperatures, today it nearly reached 40, but as the sun went down, so did the mercury. Precipitation is predicted to begin around 2 AM, when it will be cold, but how cold?

Who knows what tomorrow will bring? Personally, I can't get emotionally invested in this one, and I said as much to Heidi. "Yeah!" she replied, "I get that. But I have a practical concern; what clothes should I get ready?"

I understood her dilemma even though I did not share it. An old saw came to mind. "Expect the best and prepare for the worst?" I suggested.

She nodded. "But in this case," she wondered, "which is which?"

No comments:

Post a Comment