Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Fun and Games

I spent some facetime this evening catching up with my mom. As always, our conversation was wide-ranging and very entertaining. At the end, though, my mom mentioned that she had been organizing her recipe file when she came across a couple of handwritten pages with ingredients and no directions. She asked me if I could guess what they might be.

Could I!! Oh yes! It was like a fun little cooking puzzle game!

The first one was

2 pounds of tomatoes, peeled and diced
6 leaves of basil
1 clove of garlic
chicken broth
cucumber
watermelon
salt and pepper

The chicken broth and watermelon were tricky, but I feel pretty certain it must be a cold soup.

The second one was harder:

1 stick of butter
a small pkg of cream cheese
1 1/3 c flour
1/2 c cream
1/4 toasted almonds
1/2 c sugar

Hmm. No eggs? I think it's a cookie of some sort, maybe rolled, coated with the almonds, and sliced. I'm not sure, though.

Anyhow, this was really fun, and I wished there were more recipes to puzzle out. I think there just might be a real game here.

1 comment:

  1. Is it that little coffee cake thing Bill used to make? That is a fun game!

    ReplyDelete