Friday, May 30, 2014

Day On

I stayed home from school today to work on the school magazine. While I believe in the value of publishing art and writing, and (full disclosure) I do receive a stipend for the project,  it is nevertheless a huge time burden at this very busy point in the school year, and I inevitably end up taking a day off to finish it.

So, knowing I would be spending a lot of time on the computer today, I decided to set a timer to remind myself to get up and move around. Every 22 minutes I did 10 flights of stairs, a hundred crunches, 30 jumping jacks, or... ate a snack. Although I had to endure the strange looks the cat and the dog gave me, and to be honest, sometimes I ignored the timer, in general I could tell I was a lot more productive than I would have been if I had worked straight through.

Noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment