Saturday, February 22, 2014

Litter Bugs

The weather here was beautiful today-- sunny and warm-- so we wanted to get outdoors for a little walk. Unfortunately, that weather combined with that other also lovely in its own way weather we had last week-- cold and snowy-- guaranteed a lot of mud.

Still, we tied on our boots and headed for a little man-made lake not far from here. The trail all the way around is 3 and 3/4 miles, a few ups and downs, but mostly a nice walk. It was a bit muddy, but it was also not very crowded, and that was a big plus.

Finding places to enjoy nature in such a populous area as ours can be challenging. It's rare to walk anywhere and not see some sign of human disregard. One must learn to overlook the floating bottles and other trash in even the best-maintained of parks. I'm not sure why that is, and when I encounter such blight, I usually just feel pissed off at all those anonymous miscreants. But, other times I nurture the hope that its just margin of error, and that most of the trash we see is somehow accidentally left behind.

Take that ten bucks I found on the trail today-- I'm pretty sure that was not intentional.



No comments:

Post a Comment