Sunday, January 5, 2014

Late to the Party

A few of years ago my nephew was thoughtful enough to give us the first season of Breaking Bad for Christmas. A big fan, he was way ahead of the bandwagon that assembled over the next seasons.

Us? Not so with it, although we meant to watch, we were constantly sidetracked by other things. I took solace, though, last September when all the hoopla surrounding the series finale was at its apex. I did not feel completely left out, because I have the first season on DVD.

January is like molasses in, well,  January, for most TV watchers, and so it's a prime time to pick up and catch up with a new show. Last year it was Enlightenment and The Good Wife. This year it's definitely Breaking Bad. We watched the first three episodes last night, and while I realize that three is a lame entry in this age of binge watching, for us, three is a lot.

Wouldn't want to become addicted now, would we?

1 comment: