Thursday, August 15, 2013

Like Sands through the Hour Glass

This year I find myself clutching each summer moment as it passes-- just sitting in the chair enjoying a cup of (okay, really good) coffee while reading the morning paper with the window open becomes a precious little gem I want to stow away for leaner times. Perhaps that's wise... the prospect of returning to another year of contemporary public education weighs heavily on each bright day. I'm sure there is a healthier way to handle this time off, but that strategy will have to wait until next year.

1 comment:

  1. I remember, I remember..those last days of summer came with a subtle heavy sadness and an appreciation for the freedom that grows stronger the closer it gets to the first day of school.
    Hang in. Just another decade of this to go, and you're free!

    ReplyDelete