Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Benefits of Age

"How do you do that?" A young colleague pointed at the interactive white board in my room. It was displaying the TV signal of our morning announcements.

I was only too eager to explain. "You need a VCR," I started. "You know, the old kind with a TV tuner in it."

She looked at me quizzically, and then waved a hand like such a thing as that was an impossibility.

Still I pressed on helpfully. "Remember when we all used to program our VCRs to tape our favorite shows? I had that one left over from then."

I laughed and she laughed politely, too.

"Well," she shrugged, "I do remember hearing about that, but I certainly never did it myself. Thank you anyway!"

3 comments:

  1. It is weird when this happens to me! It helps when I just laugh afterall I still use records and a record player in my first grade class. They still work and I get to have a history lesson with the six year olds. :) Besides I remember when there were NO VCRs even.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the kindergarten teachers has a phone in her recess closet and it is one of the favorite toys! I must say I feel the same when the young ones start talking tech. It is a foreign language to me. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh technology. :o) Sometimes it is perfect when old and new come together.

    ReplyDelete