Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Yeah, There's an App for That

My brother in law was in town this weekend and we enjoyed some rare alone time with him. Usually when we're all together there are plenty of distractions-- the kids, the cats, the family, the yard, the beach, the dinner, etc. and so it was nice to have a couple of hours of adult conversation with the guy.

Even so, the most memorable part of his visit might just turn out to be the iPad app he recommended. It's a game for your cats... yes, really. And not only do our cats like it, but so does the dog. It's super entertaining just watching them swat at the screen. Thank goodness for that super strong glass-- but we may have to start limiting their screen time.

7 comments:

  1. How fun. Will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An app to play with the animals. Amazing, isn't it? Your post reminded me of a Hank Green song "My Phone"(from Ellen Hardcastle album)--the chorus is "there's an app for that."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I almost wrote about this. Scout enjoyed a little screen time. He's a quick study.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if I'd be that trusting! I'd worry about the screen scratching or breaking....but I'm glad you've tried it and they had fun!

    Jennifer K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this on the news, how funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter was just telling me about this at dinner tonight. She said she got the app for her iPod. Seems the cat was not impressed on the small screen. My daughter to the cat- "You mean I wasted 99 cents on you?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is an app for everything, isn't there? I wonder if my cat would like it? She is pretty old and mostly sleeps. I think I will look it up though.

    ReplyDelete