Sunday, March 25, 2012

Watch This!

We have been watching the new-ish TV show Awake lately. Starring Jason Isaacs (most famous to us as Lucius Malfoy, but very debonair despite that villainous past), the premise is that he is a man caught between two realities. After being involved in a tragic car accident, each time Michael Britten awakes he is in one life where his son survived or another where his wife did. In both lives he is dealing with tremendous loss, as is the other surviving member of his family. Some details cross over; some do not. He is also in therapy in each reality, and the two counselors offer very different insights on how he should cope with his dilemma.

The show is thought-provoking, and so far the writing and plotting have been more than enough to capture both our curiosity and our imaginations. Isaacs does a good job portraying not only the intense emotions of such an impossible situation, but also the logistics of a man juggling two lives.

Seriously? If you've ever looked at one of your Words With Friends game boards and letters and wondered where the heck they came from, then this might be the show for you.

3 comments:

  1. You have peaked my interest, I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not realize the guy way Malfoy, interesting. I think this show would stress me out too much trying to figure out which is real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh - I haven't even heard of this show, but it sounds gripping. That makes me think it is one to watch during the off-season so I don't have to always wait a full week to see the next episode! Your description was vivid and drew me in! Nicely done! :)

    ReplyDelete