Thursday, March 22, 2012

Friends AND Family

My sister-in-law teaches art at the same school where I work. We have the same last name, so there is inevitably some confusion from time to time. Aside from getting the wrong mail in our boxes, and the odd phone call mis-transferred from time to time, the students are always curious about our relationship, and they don't hesitate to ask questions.

Today was a typical example.

Kid: Is she your sister?
Me: No, she's my sister-in-law.
Kid: What does that even mean?
Me: She's married to my brother.
Kid: So she's in your family?
Me: Yes.
Kid: Are you friends?
Me: We sure are.

We sure are.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a blessing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter began working at our school this year (she is in elementary, I am in early education) and it is puzzling to the kids - but then we don't have the same last name so that adds to it. But I do love having her there

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so neat to have a sister-in-law, friend, and colleague all rolled into one! ;)

    Jennifer K.
    web.me.com/aggiekesler/myjourneyabroad

    ReplyDelete