Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Q is for Quite Quarrelsome

Dear Students,

Can we just agree that if you were not doing something that should be corrected then I wouldn't be redirecting you? That alone would save so much time.

You wouldn't have to act like you were completely mystified that I spoke to you in a bit of a sharp tone: What did I do? I wasn't doing anything! Who me? 

I wouldn't have to point out the obvious in exasperation. Really? You're surprised that I object to you wandering around the room when you should be writing? 

We wouldn't have to debate over the tiny details: I wasn't "wandering!" I was looking for paper, going to sharpen my pencil, getting a tissue, etc.

Honest, I did not become a teacher to arbitrarily control your life. There's a method to my madness, but I'm pretty sure you know that already. Right?

Life Lesson: An error doesn't become a mistake until we refuse to correct it.

No comments:

Post a Comment