Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Water

Our garden hasn't been thriving as I wish it would, and I've figured out that it's because it needs water: it's been a dry spring, and the truth is that we haven't compensated nearly enough. Even so, ever since we've had the garden, I keep getting caught in the rain. Yesterday I was actually watering when my mother and I were drenched in a downpour. (It had been threatening for days without a true drop, so it was hard to believe it would ever actually rain.) The rule in the garden is that the last one out has to turn off the water, and by the time we got the tools loaded and made our dripping way over to the far side, the rain had almost stopped, but there was a full arc of a rainbow in the Eastern sky.

Bring on the rain.

1 comment:

  1. I saw a rainbow about ten days ago -- full arc too -- don't know if I've ever seen one quite like it -- so remarkable. It stayed out for more than half an hour too -- kind of crazy. Rained here today too -- first time in more than a week.

    ReplyDelete