Tuesday, November 10, 2009

NaNoWriMo Day 10

Tomorrow's a holiday, no school. I'm hoping to make some progress then.

The line moved ahead and soon they were standing next to the bulletin board. "I can't look," said Dana. "What if it's survival first?"

"What if it's kitchen duty first?" asked Graham.

Greg stepped resolutely forward to examine the list. He ran his finger over the groups scanning them until he found what he was looking for. "Monday morning: Hannah, Graham- canoeing; Dana- archery; Rhett and me- hiking," he announced. "Monday afternoon: Dana and Hannah- swimming, Rhett and Graham- archery, me- kitchen. That's okay, though. I'd rather get it over with."

"What! No survival?" moaned Rhett. "I've been waiting a whole year to do that again."

"Well, another few days won't kill you," said Dana. "You'll survive." They all laughed at the joke as the line moved forward and into the mess hall.

Word count: 7732

No comments:

Post a Comment