Sunday, July 26, 2009

Away We Go

I'm still a bit groggy from the three hour time change and the 107-degree heat this afternoon, but a fat yellow crescent moon has just set on our second night in Tucson, and after two full days of sprawling city, trendy resort, and gorgeous desert landscapes, I'm still processing. Right before we left, we saw the movie Away We Go. When Burt and Verona pulled up to their destination on the second leg of their journey, I gasped and then leaned over and whispered, "Oh my gosh-- That's where we're staying in Tucson!" Since we got here, I've spent a good portion of my time trying to figure out just where in the lobby they were sitting. I will also tell you that our waitress tonight was nick-named L'il Britches, there was a tarantula in the parking garage, and down at the lazy river a fellow guest at the hotel, a balding, forty-something, complete stranger, shouted at me to "man up" when I chose to come down the water slide in a sitting rather than incline position. So far, it's been quite an adventure.

2 comments:

  1. This post rocks my world, Tracy! I love the "man up" thing. I laughed so damn hard. Away We Go was awesome. Why the hell are you in Arizona in the summer???

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're in AZ making the best of a family obligation. It's been pretty fun, though.

    ReplyDelete